Jacobs arriving in 1750 and 1751
Jacob Schoch (?-?). Arrived in Philadelphia on the "Phoenix" on 28 Aug 1750. [Strassburger p. 441]
Johann Jacob Schue (?-?). Arrived in Philadelphia on 5 Sept 1751 on the "Elizabeth." [Strassburger p. 452]
Hans Jacob Schoch (?-?). Arrived in Philadelphia on 5 Sept 1751 on the "Shirley." Came with Gorg Schorkh and Jacob Shack. [Strassburger p. 454]
Jacob Schock (c.1720-1782). Born in Hesson, Germany. Immigrant c. 1750. Probably is one of the Jacobs (above). Purchased land in 1759, Manor Township, Lancaster Co. PA. Was a Brethren Dunker, and many of his descendants were Dunkers. Married Esther/Freany Grove. His will was probated 16 March 1782. [Lancaster Co., p. 1028.] [Shuck pp. 2, 108]
- Barbara Schock (13 Feb 1746-?). Married Jacob Funk.
- Anna Schock (18 Aug 1747-?). Married Christian Whisler.
- Elizabeth Schock (3 Jan 1749-?). Married John Engle.
- Fannie Schock (20 Sept 1750-1816). Married Jacob Engle, minister. Children: Jacob.
- Mary Schock (25 Jan 1752-?). Married Michael Hess.
- Jacob Schock (16 Aug 1753-?). Married Esther Bauman.
- John Schock, Sr. (16 Jan 1756-?). Married Catherine Stoner. Seven children. Another source says he married again, to Sarah Seichrist on 10 May 1785.
- Magdalene Schock (?-?). Married Christian Engle.
- Barbara Schock (?-?). Married Noah Myers/Mayer.
- Katherine Schock (?-?). Married Conrad Zigler.
- Anna Schock (1787-1825). Married Joseph Zoak.
- Jacob Schock (c.1787-?). Married 1st Barbara Stickler (1788-1853). 2nd Mary Musser.
- John Schock, Jr. (1795-1867). Born 29 Nov 1795. Married 1st __ Seigrist, who died young. 2nd Fannie Kurtz (1793-1857).
- Jacob Schock (1824-1875). Born 17 Oct 1824. Married Rebecca Strickler (1823- 1899). He died "in the faith of the Dunkard Church" on 22 Nov 1875.
- Mary Schock (?-?). Married Tobias Seagrist.
- Fannie Schock (?-?). Married Martin Hostetter.
- Rebecca Schock (?-?). Never married.
- John Schock (15 Oct 1854-?). Married Mary Musser on 27 March 1877. Twelve children: Martha, Katie, Isaiah, Rebecca, Martin, Jacob, Mary, Amelia, Naomi, John, Elizabeth, Fannie.
- Isiah Schock (?-?). Died at the age of 17.
- Magdelena (1826-1899). Never married.
- Fannie Schock (1802-1882). Married Abraham Hosteller. No children.
- Magdelena Schock (6 Oct 1758-?).
- John Schock (25 Mar 1761-?)
- Abraham Schock (25 July 1764-?). Married Anna Graf on 7 June 1791. Daughter Anna married Thomas Bradley (?- 1826).
Return to Maiden's Choice